Outpatient Treatment for Substance Abuse
The Whispering Oaks Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is a six-week program available to participants in and around both Lafayette and Shreveport, Louisiana. There are no requirements for enrollment other than an admission from the client that they are struggling with alcohol and/or drugs and that they want a better life.
Our outpatient program is designed to provide comprehensive support for both the client and their family as they navigate the various stages of the addiction recovery process. Whispering Oaks also offers comprehensive drug and alcohol evaluations by appointment.
The 6-week program meets on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings from 5:30pm to 8:30pm in both Lafayette and Shreveport.
Clients who exhibit the following may benefit from our Intensive Outpatient Program:
- Minimal risk of withdrawal – Is comfortable substance-free for a day or more at a time.
- Negative past treatment experiences – Ineffective attempts and/or incomplete programs.
- Lack of an approach – In need of accountability partners, structure and support.
- High “relapse” risk – Multiple periods/spans/terms of disrupted sobriety.
- Access to a supportive environment – Retains understanding relationship with family and/or employer.
- Recognition of the need for change – Honestly admits struggling with alcoholism and/or drugs.
- Stable living environment – Consistent, non-toxic accommodations.
Since opening the intensive outpatient program to clients in early 2017, this flexible alternative to our residential inpatient program has helped many people who simply are not able or not ready to commit to an inpatient program. The outpatient program is built around the same evidence-based protocols of the inpatient program.
Flexible, Accredited & Ready To Help
Outpatient drug and alcohol rehab programs have a number of advantages for people looking at this option:
- Flexible Schedule – Still tend to work, go to school, and attend to family obligations while receiving comprehensive expert care several times a week.
- Accredited Program – Our outpatient treatment program is recognized and licensed by the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals.
- Multiple Locations – Outpatient treatment is available in multiple locations across Louisiana.
Have questions about the Intensive Outpatient Program?
We are available to answer any questions you may have.(877) 419-3005